The popularity of audiobooks has increased in recent years as people look for more convenient and popular ways to consume books. Apple Books is one such platform where you find a different variety of audiobooks to listen to.
However, if you’re a newbie in audiobooks on Apple, you have the right to wonder how much they cost.
Prices for audiobooks on Apple Books depend on the title and publisher. Generally speaking, the prices for audiobooks on Apple Books can range from a few dollars to over $30.
In this article, I shall tell you all in detail.
So, let us dive into it!
You want to purchase audiobooks on Apple Books, the cost depends on the book itself. Apple doesn’t charge a monthly subscription fee for access to its audiobook library. Instead, one has to pay per book.
You know that the price range is quite varied, like with older novels starting at just a few dollars, although the latest bestsellers might cost you up to $30. So, whether you’re looking for a classic or the latest blockbuster release, you can find something that lies within your budget on Apple Books.
I believe you are an audiobook lover like me, then know that the Apple Books audiobook library has an impressive collection of over two million titles to browse through. Of course, not every book has an audiobook version, but with so many to choose from, there must be something of your interest.
Actually, Audible, which is undoubtedly one of the most popular audiobook services out there, has a slightly smaller library with over 200,000 titles. So, whether you’re a daily listener or just getting started, there’s no shortage of audiobooks to enjoy on Apple Books.
According to my research, the longest audiobook ever recorded is a whopping 146,444 minutes and 52 seconds long! That’s over 101 days of continuous listening! Jeez.
Its title is ‘Shree Haricharitramrut Sagar’, and it was created with the goal of promoting the biography of Lord Swaminarayan, an important figure in Hinduism.
I used to think listening to an audiobook was a quicker way to consume a book than reading it, well to my surprise, the answer is no.
Actually, on average, most people read between 200 to 400 words per minute, while an audiobook usually plays at a speed of 150 to 160 words per minute. So technically, or say mathematically, reading a book yourself can be faster than listening to an audiobook.
You know, people, who listen, of course, choose to listen to audiobooks for many different reasons apart from just speed. Audiobooks offer convenience, as you can listen to them while commuting, doing chores, or, let’s say, engaging in other activities where reading a physical book may not be possible.
Audiobooks give us experience, as the narrator’s voice and tone can add depth and emotion to the story. So audiobooks may not be as faster as reading, still, they are a valuable way to enjoy a book.
Audiobooks and Apple Books have become hot tickets for book lovers in this fast-paced, tech-savvy world. Audiobooks let you soak up a good story even when you’re on the move, and with Apple Books, you can dive into an ebook on your phone or tablet anytime, anywhere.
I have compiled a comparison for you to look upon:
$7.95/$14.95 a month
It can help improve listening skills and pronunciation
It can help improve reading skills and comprehension
Audiobooks give us many benefits for people who love books but may not have the time to read them.
- The biggest advantage is that they improve your reading accuracy by a whopping 52%. Grape, right? Because when you listen to an audiobook, you can hear how words are pronounced correctly, which can help you avoid mispronouncing them when you encounter them later on.
- Also, you know, listening to books accelerates your reading and broadens your vocabulary. Compared to reading a physical book, you can learn new knowledge more quickly. You can read more fluently and cover more ground by doing this.
- You may really increase your comprehension skills by listening to audiobooks. I’ve read studies demonstrating the 76% comprehension rate for audiobook listeners. When you listen to an audiobook, you may concentrate on the narrative or information being provided without being sidetracked by reading. This can make it easier for you to comprehend and remember what you’re hearing.
- Finally, engaging in multi-modal learning (i.e. listening to an audiobook while following along with a physical book) has been shown to increase test scores by 21%. This is because it engages different brain parts and helps reinforce what you’re learning.
Audiobooks can be a fantastic alternative to screen time for both children and adults. For emergent and reluctant readers, audiobooks can make stories more accessible and enjoyable. By following along with a narrator’s voice, children can learn proper pronunciation and intonation and improve their comprehension skills.
In fact, these audiobooks, which we talk about, are great for children with learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, as they can listen to stories without the added struggle of decoding written text.
You would want to know how many hours a 40,000-word audiobook would take to complete, around 4.5 hours, when read at a speed of approximately 9,000 words per hour.
However, I must tell you to keep in mind that this vary depending on factors such as the narrator’s speaking speed and the genre of the book. Although tools are available to aid you if you need assistance with creating an audiobook.
Hence, a few audiobook hubs for expert assistance include Audiobook Creation Exchange (ACX) and Findaway Voices. These resources give you access to narrators, producers, and other experts who can assist you in turning your book into an audiobook.
Now see that Several audiobook apps are available in the market, each one with unique features and benefits.
However, one of the most popular and well-established audiobook apps is Audible. Audible offers an extensive collection of books, stories, and life lessons, making it a great choice for those who love to listen to audiobooks.
With its easy-to-use interface and a vast selection of titles, Audible is an excellent option for both avid readers and those who are new to audiobooks.
Next, on my list, there’s Spotify. It’s mainly used for music, but now they also have podcasts and audiobooks. So, it’s perfect if you want to listen to books and music in one place.
Google Play Books is another option. It has a big collection of books, including really popular ones. Lastly, the Amazon Kindle app is great if you’re already using a Kindle. It has many books and lets you switch between reading and listening to them. Each app is unique, so try them out and see which one you like best!
You will be amazed to know that, Thomas Corley’s study of more than 200 self-made billionaires suggests that reading is a favorite leisure time for these people. The thing is that they aren’t just reading for pleasure.
In fact, an astounding 86 percent of them stated that they prefer to read books than watch television in their spare time.
What’s even more surprising is how many of these millionaires like listening to audiobooks on a regular basis.
According to my research that the same study, 63 percent of them reported listening to audiobooks during their morning commute. It makes sense – with busy schedules, listening to audiobooks can be a great way to learn and absorb new information while on the go.
Basically, selling your voice for audiobooks is a great way to earn through your vocal talents and earn some extra income. Do You want to know how? I got your back:
- You should Start by familiarising yourself with the world of audiobooks. Listen to various genres and narrators to get a sense of what works well and what doesn’t.
- Determine what genre or type of book you enjoy reading the most. This will help you find your niche and stand out as an audiobook narrator. You might specialize in romance, mystery, self-help, or any other genre that resonates with you.
- You’ll need a quiet space to record without interruptions or background noise. Consider creating a home studio with a high-quality microphone and recording software.
- Go and Create a demo reel that showcases your voice and narrating abilities. Choose a few different pieces that highlight your range and versatility.
- Better look for audiobook production companies or publishers who are accepting auditions. Submit your demo and follow their guidelines for the audition process.
- Go ahead and Attend industry events and join online communities where you can connect with other audiobook narrators and professionals. Build relationships and keep an eye out for potential opportunities.
- Once you have some experience and a portfolio of work, now you might consider seeking representation from an agent or agency. They can help you find more opportunities and negotiate better deals.
I got you a list of some of the main disadvantages of audiobooks:
- One of the major bummer about audiobooks is that you miss out on the joy of holding a physical book. For a lot of folks, the touch and smell of a book are a big part of why they love reading..
- Audiobooks can certainly make your wallet feel a bit lighter. Generally speaking, they’re pricier than their paperback buddies. So, if you’re watching your pennies, you might have to play favorites with which books you lend your ears to.
- You can’t easily go back and forth through the content. This can be a frustrating experience, especially if you’re trying to review or refer to something specific.
- Lastly, remember that a big chunk of an audiobook’s magic depends on the person telling the story. If their voice is more grating than enchanting, or if their storytelling style isn’t exactly lighting your fire, it can kinda rain on your audiobook parade. So, the narrator can make a huge difference in how much you enjoy the whole listening experience.
Surprisingly, Audible was sold to Amazon by its CEO at the time, Donald Katz, back in 2008 for a whopping $300 million.
Audible persevered and eventually got the attention of the e-commerce behemoth despite obstacles including the tech bubble fall and the tragic demise of a CEO Katz had hired.
Katz made sure that Audible would continue to operate mostly independently while being owned by Amazon, and he even kept his job as CEO.
In fact, It was a momentous step for both businesses since Amazon has continued to rule the online retail industry and Audible has since emerged as a major force in the audiobook sector.
In conclusion, the price of audiobooks on Apple Books varies. Some audiobooks may be priced as low as $10, while others can cost upwards of $30. Many affordable options are available, and Apple Books often offers discounts and promotions on audiobooks as well.
You can definitely snag some affordable finds, and hey, Apple Books loves to throw a good sale or promotion now and then.
So, In a nutshell, Apple Books is your go-to buddy for soaking up all those great books while you’re on the move, sweating it out at the gym, or just kicking back at home. So next time you’re itching for a good listen, swing by Apple Books and see what they’re serving up!